When the cyberbully is you
The article linked below starts with a question: Why are people so mean on the Internet?
Before reading the article, consider that question for a minute.
Read the article and answer these questions:
- Why is cyberbullying a hotly debated issue nowadays? What has changed?
- Who are Justine Sacco and Sam Biddle?
- What is empathy (see link below for a definition), and why is lack of it a problem?
- Why are more people now learning to have empathy with cyberbullying victims?
- The author says that most cyberbullies do not intend to be mean. What is his answer to the question: Why are people so mean on the Internet?